sHaLynNni3s' bLog3reLLa........

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

MY FIRST WEEK AT WORK!

Im just so glad I lasted 1 week!
Customers are a highly interesting breed of homo sapiens.
There was this guy who was having a deep “conversation” with himself. It’s a free world and he has his rights as a human, so I decided to ignore him. But I still kept an eye on him just in case.
He unfolded several clothes and then he went over to the next shop. Just as I finished refolding those clothes, he appeared again
He started to unfold a few more clothes. For the record,I checked in late for work this particular day(not the first time),thanks to the always-on-time rasah jaya bus.As a result,my superviser had a little ‘chat’ with me.I swear I put on my most innocent and apologetic face,but my efforts were in vain! If only she was a guy….!My point is,I wasn’t having the most perfect day and this guy here was trying to get on my nerves deliberately. So I asked whether he intends to purchase anything, and he had the cheek to ask me what would I give him if he buys something! The nerves!
Being the patient girl I am,I put on a forced smile and replied ‘the receipt, of course’ and instantly walked away. I swear I was so close to throwing the calculator at him!For the record,he finally bought a miserable t-shirt.
p/s to the other promoters at the nearby counter,thanks for laughing at me!

There was also this lady who was browsing through while eating a mc d’s sundae. She dripped some ice-cream on her blouse and she licked it off her blouse like it was some sort of reflex action.
Reminded me of myself who always messed up when I eat ice-cream,but hey,im still a kid!

Then there was also this guy who offered me a job on my second day of work.

Ohh, and there was this lady-wannabe strutting her stuff from shop to shop. Her outfit would make Christina Aguilere blush and her hair was crimson red and big(you know those wigs that clowns wear)
But I have to give props to “her” for not caring about what other people think.As the saying goes, ‘do whatever you want as long as it makes you happy’.Fine I confess,I made that one up.

Ok,now about my shoes. My shoes has a little heels and little did I know it would cause so much pain when used for a long period.
I couldn’t stand it any longer, so I took them off. At first I was a little worried that the customers might notice,but surprisingly none of them did.So I continued doing stuff sans the shoes. All was fine till my boss popped by and caught me off guard.She pointed to my feet and I put on the innocent face again and told her that I fell down the day before.I wasn’t lying,it was a white lie and I think that was the most appropriate thing to do in that situation.
As soon as I said that I knew she was going to launch into a lecture,so I quickly put on my shoe and mumbled something along the lines of “I wont do that again”

Theres 1 more thing Id like to complain on:the music that they play! The song keep repeating,even worse than hitz.fm.
People in the shopping mall wont realise as they will be gone at some point.But what about those who are working there(hint hint!)
If I could only find the person who decides the music,ill give him a well-deserved lecture!And why the heck play many black eyed peas tracks??!!

I also learnt a few things. First, never put the blame on the bus if you arrive late at work more than once. It only works the first time around. Second, stay away from any shoes with heels if youre gonna be standing a lot.

10 Comments:

At 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, viky here. Laziness, thats why... i m leaving a comment as an anonymous person. Malas wanna sign in. Nice insides about your job. Take off ur shoes la who cares, the guy offer u another job on ur second day right? got back up mah. And if that doesnt work, u can try working for that weirdo who kept on unfolding stuff, that would be real fun!

PS- are you sure ur innocent face is innocent? not some other face put on in a blunder? ( horny or something?)

have fun working still dun believe u r actually working

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger keishaowen said...

besides the painfully traumatising shoes and the obsessive compulsive unfolding pervert, everything seems so funny! For me, anyway.

Anyway, get a new pair of shoes, and knowing you and the surprisingly colourful and amusing people who shop at there, im sure u'd be laughin all day!

 
At 3:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hei...was lafin really hard wen i saw u d other day in ur work clothes...neva tot i wud c d day wen u wud b wearin clothes lik tat...nvm...u look kinda cute..=p..hmmm...does tat lady remind u of sum1???("hint..hint!!!")hehe...

okie..bye now..c ya soon

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Vikneshan said...

SOMEONE DELETED MY COMMENT! *angry*

fine ! i ll delete my blog.!

how are things? Message me when u read this la.. i malas wanna message you.

Vik

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Vikneshan said...

oops sorry, crazy me... forgot i left the comment as an anonymous... lol

but still not kiddin haha

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger Vikneshan said...

u better post something new or else...

i ll ve to hand u over to the bum cops..

 
At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

u obviously don't check ur comments...
but still

POST SOMETHING!!!

Vikneshan

 
At 2:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog! new blog!

 
At 5:11 AM, Blogger Vikneshan said...

new post!!! new post!!! new post!!! new post!!! new post!!! new post!!! new post!!! new post!!! new post!!! new post!!! new post!!! new post!!! new post!!! new post!!! new post!!! new post!!! new post!!! new post!!! new post!!! new post!!! new post!!! new post!!! new post!!! new post!!! new post!!! new post!!! new post!!! new post!!! new post!!! new post!!! new post!!! new post!!! new post!!!

 
At 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

New anything?! New anything?! New anything?! New anything?! New anything?! New anything?! New anything?! New anything?! New anything?! New anything?! New anything?! New anything?! New anything?! New anything?! New anything?! New anything?! New anything?! New anything?! New anything?! New anything?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home