sHaLynNni3s' bLog3reLLa........

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

First of all, I need to apologise to my blog, for “abandoning” it for some time. It’s not that I did it on purpose, it umm just happened. It’ll never happen again! I can’t promise via typing because that should be done using words. Phew, I feel much better now. OK, enough about my blog. I’ve just completed my first semester in college, and there are a few things that I’ve discovered about myself during this time.

annoying rules that get on your nerves(which also catalyzes the production of “funny” signals in your brain that makes one act in a “funny” way)
As far as I’m concern ,these rules are made by some person suffering from an incurable type of obsessive-compulsive disorder. Besides it only serves to provoke me. I hate obeying rules. Especially ones that don’t really make sense.The rules here are less restricting and that suits me just fine because rules are meant to be broken anyway ; )
I can wear my hair as I please (yup,even the messy,outta bed look) and not worry about the discipline teacher or have prefects fine me.Not that I ever settled the outstanding “summons”,but that’s a different story. Actually,I wouldn’t mind paying up if all the money collected was eventually donated to some charity fund. But instead, it is used to finance the prefects’ end of the year party. So forget it!

my sense of direction(or lack thereof)
I’ve never really realized that my sense of direction was that bad. To be honest, I did suspect something was amiss when I started driving. But getting lost in college after 3 months being there…that’s just mystifying! Honestly, walking into the wrong class isn’t
amusing. It’s mortifying! But try telling my friends that. They think it’s hilarious!
I really need to figure out why this is happening to ONLY me!

boarding the wrong bus
This is a long,long,long story. Lets just say that what was supposed to be a 20 minute ride became a 2 hour one. I wonder if this is in any way connected to my bad sense of direction…..

multi-tasking
Seriously,with only 24 hours in a day,one needs to multi-task.
Completing my assignment while chatting while listening to music while tying to figure what CD to play next while texting my friend, that has become a routine.

In the mornings its-taking my breakfast while combing my hair while listening to the radio while packing my bags while trying to think if I’ve completed my assignments while searching for my room keys.
Alright, that’s a little exaggerated. It’s not literally “multi-tasking”,but I assure you that all of those things are done in a very short time.





my issue with the rain
I do my laundry by myself (unlike some people I know). So I find it absolutely disrespectful for the rain to come crashing down on it. There are no words to describe the sight of your 75% dried clothes getting soaked in the rain. No,wait,there is a word….horrifying. My advice is, NEVER be fooled by the weather-girl’s, innocent voice. (same goes if she’s a guy)
The good thing is, my weather predicting skills have gotten better. On days I don’t hang out my clothes to dry that is.

microscopes don’t really find me hot
Everything was going fine. My paramecium looked umm, ”luminous” under the microscope. It was such a joy to watch it. The kinda joy parents’ feel when their baby starts to walk. When I was about to draw “it”, “it” decided to go for a stroll in lala-land.
Luckily my friend let me use her amoeba and I managed to hand in my report on time. My paramecium was way cuter though.

Frisbee
I never knew that there was a sport involving Frisbees where the players were all humans.
It’s fun to play. But it would have been even more enjoyable if the frisbee didn’t always sway 90 degrees off the person I’m supposed to throw it to.Wonder if this is in anyway related to my bad sense of directon……..

14 Comments:

At 7:57 AM, Blogger Vikneshan said...

so are you saying that my hair is ok? aww...so sweet...gee thx

Feeding prefects is charity Shalini i thought u knew that.

Sense of direction: U r not the only one

Boarding the wrong bus: U r not the only one too lol

Multi-tasking:

"Bullshit can get u to a high place, but it cant keep u there" something from kevin chu;s email...

U multi-task? hmmm there is one discrepancy about the multi-tasking
u never reply on ur msn... unless of course some ppl and i aint ur friend

Laundry: Woi... "unlike some ppl i know"? whats that supposed to mean? Interesting weather sense u have got going on.

ParameciuM vs Chad Micheal Murray or what his name... i don' t think he ll be happy

are you sure it was ur sense of direction? did you put ur glasses on?

haha... this is what happens when u dont post anything for a very long time.. U get long comments.

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger shalynni3_07 said...

To have messy hair and look adorable is one thing.
To have messy hair and look messy is another thing. Lol.
Relieved to know I’m not the only one with a bad sense of direction!
That means I’m perfectly “normal”.
Hey, you spelled his name wrongly! Its Michael! So much for thinking you used to have a crush on him! Its ryan from the oc now.he’s way hotter.
And it’s not because of my glasses!!How come everyone is saying that??!

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Vikneshan said...

I smell self-praise.

Yeah i got kristen kreuk now... although i dun think i m spelling her name right either.

maybe it is because of tat...

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger keishaowen said...

"In the mornings its-taking my breakfast while combing my hair while listening to the radio while packing my bags while trying to think if I’ve completed my assignments while searching for my room keys"

Explains your hair =)

ps. Seth is WAAAYYYYY hotter..

 
At 12:13 AM, Blogger shalynni3_07 said...

no way!!seth is cute in a geeky kinda way.
ryan is hot in the hot kinda way.

yup,u can't really blame me about my hair.

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger Vikneshan said...

thats why doing what i do is so much better ... i.e. not combing my hair

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger shalynni3_07 said...

by not combing ur hair,u mean u don't use a comb right?
well,i don't use a comb to,bt for a different reason.using my fingers as a comb gives me the "outta-bed " look.
hey,viki,we should trade hair tips more often!!

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger Vikneshan said...

we should? oh yeah that... and working out tips and how to eat in front of ppl tips. Prolly u should give me how to be a gal class. (see >>> compliment) ;p

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger keishaowen said...

Shal: "First of all, I need to apologise to my blog, for “abandoning” it for some time. It’s not that I did it on purpose, it umm just happened. It’ll never happen again."

*ahem ahem*

*cough cough*

 
At 2:47 AM, Blogger shalynni3_07 said...

"ahem"?? "cough"??
ok,ill confess.i didnt get that.

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Vikneshan said...

ur first statement kinda gets me worked up... u get what i mean? like...everytime i come here..v

 
At 3:42 AM, Blogger shalynni3_07 said...

OHH!!
i get it!
lol!
yup,will post soon!!

 
At 6:12 AM, Blogger Vikneshan said...

although it may seem like a good way to start a post cause that way u dont have to write for a very long time..

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger Vikneshan said...

doesnt mean u have to

 

Post a Comment

<< Home